Founded in 1973 by John and Leonie Hynds, Hynds Pipe Systems Limited manufactures and supplies a comprehensive range of products for drainage, watermain, stormwater, wastewater and rural application.
Today, Hynds are the supply partner of choice for New Zealand’s civil construction industry, specialising in water and infrastructure based solutions.
Hynds Pipe Systems is the largest operating unit within the Hynds Group of Companies, incorporating seven manufacturing plants, a nationwide team of Engineered Product Managers, Contract Account Managers, and a network of 33 merchant branches throughout New Zealand.
Employing over 500 people, Hynds Pipe Systems remain committed to quality management and accredited operating systems.
Their knowledgeable sales and technical team also work with contractors, consultants and councils to design customised solutions for complex drainage, water supply and waste treatment situations.
John Hynds’ early passion, innovation and tenacity shaped a business where people mattered and relationships were built on trust, with customers at the very foundation of the Hynds philosophy.
Care for people, long term respectful relationships and industry leading innovation continues to be at the heart of the business today.
Group Senior Executives
(FL) Aaron Hynds, Alister Lawrence, Brian Blake Chairman, Adrian Hynds Managing Director, Leonie Hynds, John Hynds, David Clarke.
Hynds Group of Companies affiliations include:
- CPAA – Founding member of Concrete Pipe Association of Australasia
- WSAA – Water Services Association of Australia
- Water New Zealand – NZ’s largest water industry body, providing leadership and support in the water sector through effective advocacy, collaboration and professional development.
- IPWEA – Local Authority Civil Engineers
- Irrigation Association of NZ
- Civil Contractors of NZ – Major Associate
- IPENZ – Institute of Professional Engineers
- PIPA – Plastic Industry Pipe Association of Australia