Established by John and Leonie Hynds in 1973, the group now comprises six business units in New Zealand and Australia employing more than 700 people.
Hynds remains proudly family owned and has built its reputation on customer service and innovation. The group of businesses now includes metal, concrete and plastics manufacturing, product importation and distribution, and trade supply.
Hynds’ extensive range or products provides fully integrated product solutions for civil drainage, watermain, environmental, and rural applications. Our knowledgeable sales, engineering and technical teams also work with contractors, consultants and councils to design customised solutions for complex drainage, water supply and waste treatment situations.
Group Senior Executives
(FL) Aaron Hynds, Alister Lawrence, Brian Blake Chairman, Adrian Hynds Managing Director, Leonie Hynds, John Hynds, David Clarke.
Hynds Group of Companies affiliations include:
- CPAA – Founding member of Concrete Pipe Association of Australasia
- WSAA – Water Services Association of Australia
- Water New Zealand – NZ’s largest water industry body, providing leadership and support in the water sector through effective advocacy, collaboration and professional development.
- IPWEA – Local Authority Civil Engineers
- Irrigation Association of NZ
- Civil Contractors of NZ – Major Associate
- IPENZ – Institute of Professional Engineers
- PIPA – Plastic Industry Pipe Association of Australia